WoodCut Tools - Phil Irons Tool Gate 1” x 6” post
The Irons Tool Gate Holder is a tool which any Woodturner, especially Hollowers, find invaluable. Once you are using it, it will be hard to remember turning without it!
The Irons Tool Gate reduces the, usually, unsupported length of your hollowing tool. It can be pivoted so your tool is supported even inside your vessel. Safe and easy to use for all skill levels. The Irons Tool Gate prevents your tool slipping sideways. The Tool Rest is designed with two different sized tool rests 1/2" to 1" allowing it to support a large range of tool sizes, from the shaft to larger handles. There is a choice of six different gate positions to enable hollowing from many different angles. The Tool Holder smoothly pivots within the tool gate body and can be quickly and easily moved along the six different positions for versatile hollowing.
Designed by professional woodturner, Phil Irons, who is an award winning turner especially known for his hollow forms. Manufactured and zinc coated for durability and long lasting finish.
- TOTAL CONTROL & VERSATILITY - Preventing your tool slipping sideways and allowing the turner to guide the tool into the turning smoothly and accurately for more controlled cutting. Designed to securely hold tools from 1/2" to 1". There is a choice of six different gate positions.
- DEEPER HOLLOWING - Hollow even larger and deeper vessels when using the Irons Tool Gate. This rest can even be rotated and positioned into your vessel enabling deeper hollowing and reducing the, usually, unsupported length of your hollowing tool inside your hollow form. Hollowing of forms up to 19" deep have been achieved with the Irons Tool Gate.
- TOOL POST REQUIRED - A tool post is required for use of the Irons Tool Gate. Please select the tool post suitable for your lathe.
- USER GUIDES & VIDEOS SUPPLIED - An extensive user guide booklet is included in the box with your Irons Tool Gate. User guide and demonstration videos are available on our You Tube channel.
- DESIGNED BY PROFESSIONAL WOODTURNER - Phil Irons.