Tried & True Varnish Oil - Quart
Sorry, this item is out of stock
A superior penetrating linseed oil and natural pine resin finish that is ideal for high-quality, interior furniture, tables and counter tops. It has excellent abrasion, scratch resistance and durability. Varnish Oil is commonly used by woodworking professionals for application to bare wood or over-top an already-stained piece.
Varnish Oil Application Instructions
For all INTERIOR woodworking
- Apply a very thin coat across entire piece with a lint-free cloth at room temperature. DO NOT USE A BRUSH! A dry to wet color change in the wood should occur, but at no point should there be any puddling. A little bit of finish will go a long way!
- Allow Varnish Oil to penetrate the wood for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Rub in briskly with a lint-free cloth until the surface is completely dry. DO THIS BEFORE YOU LET THE PIECE CURE! Drying/curing issues will occur if this step is ignored!
- Allow the piece to cure for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Burnish with a soft cloth or 0000 steel wool BEFORE EVERY COAT (even the first and last.) The more you rub the surface, the better the sheen will look.
- Additional coats will deepen the sheen and increase protection.
- Care & Maintenance: Use a soft shammy cloth to polish any dull areas. Clean using Murphy’s Oil Soap or other wood safe cleaners
- To repair any scratches, nicks, or water marks: Use 0000 grade steel wool to buff out as much of the affected area as possible. Then, use a lint-free cloth to apply a small amount of the Varnish Oil to the damage wood. Follow the normal recommended application directions. For watermarks — if damage is severe, sand water mark away using fine grit sand paper until it is smooth and even with the surrounding surface. Reapply the Varnish Oil to the water mark by following the normal recommended application directions. Remember to always protect the wood surface using coasters or anti-scalding devices.
Safety Fact Sheet - PDF