HAM-M42GL4 Glenn Lucas - 1/2” flute Bowl Gouge Gouge
M42 Stay Sharp tools made by Hamlet to Glenns sharpening specifications set a new standard for quality and performance in woodturning tools. Unlike other types of high speed/PM tool steel that sacrifice extreme edge retention for the ability to be honed to a keen edge, or vice versa, M42 Stay Sharp tools provide both for optimum performance you can count on. Made in England
- M42 ‘super steel’ for optimum edge holding ability
- Can be honed to a razor sharp edge
- Double bevel grind for faster, cleaner cuts
- Supplied with hand-polished Ash handle
- Sharp, ready to use out of the box
This gouge is profiled with a parabolic flute which is the only flute profile you will find on any of my bowl gouges. Far easier to sharpen than the V or U shaped gouges on the market. This gouge will bring a bowl blank quickly to shape. It is sharpened to a 55 degree bevel angle.