Axminster - BUTTON JAWS - 400MM (15.7")
This 400mm Button Jaw set, made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion, has the capacity to grip large diameter bowls. The arrangement offers an excellent method of reverse chucking and holding a previously turned piece firmly but gently. Although the rubber buttons are easy on the wood, they are not particularly suitable for bowls with a very fine edge. In such a case, a better alternative would be specific wooden jaws mounted on Axminster wood jaw plates. For better access, a longer chuck key may be required when using button jaws.
As an alternative to using the buttons, stacking turn studs are available as an optional extra. They form an excellent primary holding method for all manner of round or square blanks and, give a very secure grip. The studs can be used singly or doubled up using the longer bolts supplied.
Suitable for the SK100 and ideal for the SK114 chuck. As with all our dovetail jaws they simply bolt onto the Accessory Mounting Jaws.
Recommended maximum speed 1,000rpm.
N.B. Before ordering please check the motor of your lathe is not obstructing these jaws.
- Suitable for the SK100, ideal for the SK114 chuck
- Perfect reverse chucking solution for large bowls
- Conical rubber buttons hold work gently and securely
- Grips both externally and internally
- Tapped holes for wide variety of diameters
- Can be configured to hold odd shaped workpieces
- Jaws supplied with complete with rubber buttons
- Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster
- Made from aluminium, making them lightweight